Friday, May 18, 2012

30 before 30

I just found this... forgot to post 5 months ago!!!


It's official. I'm already starting to fear my birthday..... I've never really dreaded or been ashamed of birthdays so this is something new for me. In my defense though, 27 has always been my 'scary' age. Screw 40. By then you have already been 30, 35 and 39! 40 is nothing. 27 though.... 27 is the top of the hill. From there it's all just old age. 27 means you are officially in your "late twenties". You should have your shit together. You should be getting things all figured out. 27 is where it's at..... ohhh 27!!!

Maybe I'm feeling all this anxiety because I don't feel like I have everything together... I'm just.... not there yet. (in my own mind)

So I want to be fully prepared for my 27th birthday. By this, I mean I want to get my freak out in ahead of time, figure out my bucket list of sorts, and then thank God that I still have 3 years to do them before I turn 30. So here it goes... 30 things before 30

1. Get into a job I want as my career.
2. Live in another big city
3. Maintain my ideal weight
4. Participate in a tough mudder
5. Get SCUBA certified   
6. Learn to play the Harmonica
7. Speak a second language fluently
8. NYE somewhere fantastic
9. Ride an elephant (Did better. Also learned that riding is harmful as it supports the tourism industry that keeps the elephants out of their natural environment)
10. Paint regularly
11. Learn how to operate my camera 
12. Master photoshop
13. Yoga 
14. Run in a Half Marathon  
15. Europe. Somewhere.
16. S. America, more.
17. Date someone worth dating
18. Visit Jon
19. Grow Arnold's Candies 
20. Leave Arnold's Candies 
21. Figure out the Stock Market
22. Buy some Stock
23. Survive a summer without laying out.. at all. 
24. Ski again, I'm over snowboarding. 
25. Less meat. daily.
26. Apply to a masters program.... I think... .... We'll see where this current venture takes me.
27. Volunteer.
28. Visit Erica 
29. Purchase a sweet new lens. 
30. Lasik?

No comments:

Post a Comment